Robert Moody talks about the 2012 Spring Youth Concert featuring More
Auditions and Employment
OPEN STAFF POSITIONS (1):
Patron & Media Relations Manager
JOB TITLE: Patron and Media Relations Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
JOB SUMMARY: The Patron and Media Relations Manager is responsible for representing the PSO to the community, media and patrons and also manages logistics of various special events. The PSO Marketing Department mission is to support the entire organization including development, education, internal communications and institutional identity. The position is full time in Portland, Maine.
QUALIFICATIONS: College degree; proven experience in public relations, preferably in performing arts. The ideal candidate is a “people-person” with strong copywriting background, knowledge of media sources (strategic buying and placement), e-mail communications experience (ie. Constant Contact) and is social media savvy. Must be willing to work as part of a team in an intimate office setting. Experience with box office and/or donor database software is a plus, bonus points for knowledge of Patron Edge and Blackbaud in particular. Classical music knowledge also an asset.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Media and Advertising:
- Assist in the development of a plan for communicating the PSO’s activities to the media. Work closely with publicists in establishing positive contacts with local media outlets, and in conveying an image consistent with the PSO’s strategic plan. Maintain media contacts, act as spokesman for PSO as needed, and provide public information by request.
- In conjunction with the PSO’s PR firm, act as a contact to media representatives including coordination of interviews with key members of the PSO and members of the media.
- Schedule and implement media buys as determined by the marketing team. Track the media budget including expenses and projections.
- Assist the Sales Manager in securing ad insertions from PSO advertisers.
- Oversee the planning and development of special events (annual meeting and season kickoff, other events and fundraisers) and new subscriber activities; coordinate with volunteers to carry out the events and ensure that they are consistent with the PSO’s policies and objectives.
- Supervise ongoing telemarketing campaign with outside company to boost subscriptions. Track telemarketing results and facilitate communication between the telemarketing company, the PSO and the PortTIX, the box office at Merrill Auditorium.
- Coordinate placement and distribution for brochures, advertisements, newsletters, program books, posters, presentations, signage and promotional materials.
- Manage marketing material logistics including inventory, inserts, media kits and archived collateral
- Coordinate the production of each Playbill, assembling the content from various sources.
- Ensure a dynamic presence on Facebook and other social media outlets. Facilitate a personal, two-way conversation between patrons and the PSO.
- Oversee production of the PSO video shorts “Online Insights.”
- Create and distribute monthly email newsletters and other communications such as pre-concert information.
- Perform website updates, based on experience / skill level.
- Assist the Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager with complimentary ticket disbursement for sponsors.
- Work with the Development Director in packaging and solicitation of sponsorships and in-kind support for various product lines and campaigns; ensure that media exposure and acknowledgment promised to sponsors and donors takes place.
- Enhance the PSO’s connection its community through the promotion of outreach concerts and disbursement of complimentary tickets to local service organizations.
- Attend concerts of the orchestra to act as liaison to patrons, the media and the public.
Please email resume and cover letter to Mical Hutson, Director of Marketing and Communications at email@example.com by September 23, 2016. For more information on the Portland Symphony orchestra (Maine), please visit PortlandSymphony.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the policy of the Portland Symphony Orchestra to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, handicap, age, or Veteran status.