Robert Moody talks about how the four selections chosen for More
Auditions and Employment
The Full-charge bookkeeper at the PSO maintains the records of financial transactions on a daily basis and prepares payroll. The PSO uses QuickBooks accounting software and Evolution payroll software from Bangor Savings Payroll.
This position reports to the Director of Finance and is for 25-30 hours per week.
- Prepare daily bank deposit; enter in accounting records
- Enter Accounts Payable transactions
- Prepare Accounts Receivable invoices, including Education Invoices
- Prepare Accounts Payable checks and distribute
- Prepare and enter payroll transactions bi-weekly, or as required by musician contract
- Reconcile financial records to Development database on a monthly basis
- Maintain historical financial records
- Work with Director of Finance to prepare for annual audit
- Work with Director of Finance to prepare for Form 990
- Work with Director of Finance on special projects, as needed
- Contribute to the overall mission of the PSO by accomplishing related results as needed
Minimum of Associate Degree in Accounting; excellent working knowledge of QuickBooks software; good working knowledge of Excel; experience preparing large, detailed payrolls.
Deadline for applications is September 14, 2014. Contact Beth Ansheles, Director of Finance, to apply.
The application deadline for the position of 2nd Horn and Section Bass has passed. Deposit checks will be returned upon audition check-in or will be mailed back if the audition is cancelled before Friday, September 5, 2014.
Please direct any questions to Leah Puleio, personnel manager.
Auditions will be held:
- September 25, 2014 – Second Horn
- September 26, 2014 – Section Bass
All auditions will take place at Woodfords Congregational Church.
Audition Repertoire: Bass
|Solo of choice|
|Bach||Violin Concerto in E Major||second movement|
|Mozart||Symphony No. 40||first and fourth movements|
|Beethoven||Symphony No. 5||third movement|
|Brahms||Symphony No. 2||first and fourth movements|
|Britten||Young Persons Guide||variation H|
Audition Repertoire: Second Horn
|Bach||Brandenburg #1||Entire work: 2nd horn part|
|Beethoven||Symphony No. 3||3rd Movement: 2nd horn part|
|Beethoven||Symphony No. 7||Entire work: 2nd horn part|
|Beethoven||Symphony No. 9||3rd Movement: 4th horn part|
|Brahms||Haydn Variations||Entire work: 2nd horn part|
|Mahler||Symphony No. 1||Opening duet: 2nd horn part|
|Mozart||Symphony No. 29||Entire work: 2nd horn part|
|Schoenberg||Chamber Symphony No. 1||Entire work: 2nd horn part|
|Shostakovich||Symphony No. 5||Entire work: 2nd horn part|
|Strauss||Don Juan||Entire work: 2nd horn part|
|Tchaikovsky||Symphony No. 5||2nd Movement: 1st horn solo|
|Wagner||Das Rheingold||Opening: 2nd horn part|