What’s your PSO up to this summer?
Even after the regular concert season has ended, the musicians (and staff!) of the Portland Symphony continue to make beautiful music!
- Joe Boucher (Concert Manager) performs in “Piano Men – The Music of Elton and Billy” with The Southern Maine Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Robert Lehmann. With special guest, legendary Billy Joel drummer Liberty DeVitto. Saturday, May 7 at The State Theatre in Portland
- Stefani Burk (Oboe) performs at Opera North with other PSO musicians including Tom Parchman, Jan Halloran, Janet Polk, and more. August 6 – 20 in Lebanon, NH
- Sasha Callahan (Assistant Principal Violin II) plays in the New Hampshire Music Festival, the White Mountain Bach Festival, and Summer Music from Greensboro (VT).
- Lynn Hannings (Bass) teaches classes at the University of New Hampshire and Claremont Colleges on stringed instrument bow rehair, restoration and making. She also performs in the White Mountain Bach Festival .
- Kathleen (Kookie) McNerny (Orchestra Personnel Manager) is co-Artistic Director of VentiCordi, performing innovative chamber music for winds and strings. July 14 – August 11 at Christ Church in Kennebunk
- Clorinda Noyes (Violin II) directs the New England Suzuki Institute. Classes and student recitals daily; Monday evening StoryTelling and Music, Saturday morning finale, and more. All events are open to the public. June 26-July 2 at Saint Joseph’s College in Standish
- Mark Paxson (Violin I) plays with the Sun Valley Summer Symphony, an acclaimed summer orchestra with world-famous soloists in a mountain environment. July 28-Aug.17 in Sun Valley, ID
- Jon Poupore (Music Librarian) organizes and performs with Chamber ME Music Series, a free classical chamber music series that runs year-round, that often features PSO musicians. Every third Friday at the Freeport Community Center, and the following day at the River Tree Arts Center in Kennebunk.
- John Tanzer (Principal Timpani) performs percussion in the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular, one of the nation’s premiere July 4 celebrations. July 3 – 4 on the Esplenade in Boston