Where did you grow up? South Burlington, VT. Where do you currently live? Milford, MA. What instruments do you play? Oboe and English Horn. Educational background: BS in Music More
Welcome to the PSO family of subscribers!
- Can’t make a concert? Enjoy your convenient ticket exchange privilege or donate the value and receive a tax-deductible receipt.
- Friends coming to town? Save on additional tickets, all season long
- Shopping or dining before a concert? Your benefits card entitles you to discounts at local shops, restaurants and services.
Click here to view a sneak peek at the 13-14 season!
How to Exchange Tickets
- Call PortTIX, or fax or mail torn tickets. Indicate which alternate concert you would like to attend.
- Exchanged tickets must be received at least one business day before the performance.
- Exchanges are not accepted after a concert has taken place.
- Exchanged tickets are invalidated for admission and will not be accepted under any circumstances. Please be sure you destroy any exchanged tickets to ensure they will not be accidentally used.
- Only series tickets purchased as part of a subscription or “Magic” Magic tickets are subject to exchange. All sales are final on add-on tickets, regular Magic of Christmas, and special event tickets.
- If you are exchanging for a higher-priced ticket, you will be responsible for the difference. If you are exchanging for a lower-priced ticket, the difference (usually just a few dollars) will be donated back to the PSO.
Your new tickets will be mailed to you, unless the request is received less than 10 days prior to the concert, in which case tickets will be held in will call at the box office. Please note that all sales are final upon receipt of payment. Seating subject to availability.
How to Purchase Additional Tickets
Subscribers receive 20% off additional tickets to all series concerts during the priority ordering period, then 10% off all season long!
Simply identify yourself as a PSO subscriber when purchasing the tickets through PortTix over the phone at (207) 842-0800 or in-person at 20 Myrtle Street, Portland, Maine. Instructions on online ordering, including discount code, were included in the subscription ticket packet.
Subscriber discount cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with other offers. All phone and internet orders are subject to handling fees. Only series tickets purchased as part of a subscription or “Magic” Magic tickets are subject to exchange. All sales are final on add-on tickets, regular Magic of Christmas, and special event tickets.
How to Receive Donation Credit for Unused Tickets
See “How to Exchange Tickets” above. Instead of indicating which alternate concert you would like to attend, indicate that you would like to donate the value of the tickets to the PSO. A contribution receipt will be mailed to you. Please note that the donated tickets must be received at least one business day before the performance.
How to Replace Lost Tickets
Should you lose or forget your tickets, simply stop by the PortTIX box office and present a valid form of identification. We will be happy to reprint them for you. If you later find your original tickets please make sure to destroy them as only reprinted tickets are valid.
PSO Benefit Card
Present your PSO Benefit Card at participating businesses (or mention when placing an order) to receive your discount:
Back Bay Grill Complimentary dessert with the purchase of an entrée. Consider Back Bay Grill for a pre-concert dinner or any time you crave a classically good meal. Specialties include Duck Two Ways, handmade pastas and rack of lamb. (207) 772-8833 www.backbaygrill.com.
Grace Creative cuisine and cocktails surrounded by 150 years of history at 15 Chestnut Street. Limited $39 Prix Fixe menu (appetizer or salad, entrée and dessert) available at our 5:00 and 5:30 PM seatings when you show your PSO subscriber card. Complimentary nonalcholic beverage included. Conveniently located directly behind Merrill Auditorium. (207) 828-4422 for reservations. www.restaurantgrace.com.
Harmon’s & Barton’s 10% off loose-cut flowers and plants (cash and carry). Harmon’s & Barton’s have provided quality flowers and service since 1887. Their leading reputation is the result of time-honored commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. (207) 774-5946 www.harmonsbartons.com.
Holiday Inn By the Bay $109 special guest room rate (October 3, 2010 – May 3, 2011). Traditional Maine hospitality with contemporary elegance. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean on our bay side or the beautiful Portland city skyline on our city side. (207) 775-2311 www.innbythebay.com.
New England Orchestra Consortium Buy one ticket and get one free at 15 participating orchestras throughout New England. Just call the orchestra’s box office (not available on-line) and mention the card and your home orchestra to receive your discount. (one visit per orchestra per year; subject to ticket availability; not valid at PSO concerts for PSO subscribers.) Participating orchestras:
- Atlantic Symphony, MA — 781-740-5694
- Bangor Symphony Orchestra, ME — 800-622-TIXX
- Boston Philharmonic Orchestra, MA — 617-236-0999
- Boston Symphony Orchestra, MA — 888-266-1200
- The Concord Orchestra, MA — 978-369-4967
- Eastern Connecticut Symphony, CT — 860-443-2876
- Longwood Symphony Orchestra, MA — 617-667-1527
- Nashua Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, NH — 603-595-9156
- New Philharmonia Orchestra, MA — 617-527-9717
- Newton Symphony Orchestra, MA — 617-965-2555
- Orchestra of Indian Hill, MA — 978-486-9524
- Plymouth Philharmonic, MA — 508-746-8008
- Portland Symphony Orchestra, ME — 207-842-0800
- Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra, RI — 401-248-7000
- Symphony Pro Musica, MA — 978-562-0939
- Vermont Symphony Orchestra, VT — 802-864-5741, x10
- Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra, MA — 857-919-1385
- Waltham Symphony Orchestra, MA — 781-642-1050
- Wellesley Symphony Orchestra, MA — 781-235-0515
Portland Stage Company $4 off Regular Adult Tickets to any Portland Stage main stage production, including the new adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Snow Queen. Limit four adult tickets. Experience the magic on stage at the leading professional theater in Northern New England. (207) 774-0465 or www.portlandstage.org. Not valid in combination with any discount offers, or for Studio Theater productions.
Victoria Mansion 50% off one adult ticket to tour Christmas at Victoria Mansion, Nov. 26, 2010 – Jan. 2, 2011. Open daily 11AM – 5PM. Tour Victoria Mansion beautifully decorated for the holiday season by local designers and florists. (207) 772-4841 www.victoriamansion.org.